|Image by: TechGenie|
Sadly, though, many companies these days not only do not manage their mobile security risks, they don’t even manage mobile devices. There’s a great need for better control over the devices that connect to their networks if they want to keep a tight control over corporate data. This also means taking a proactive role over mobile devices and getting the company to lead the acquisition of devices within the enterprise.
Guidelines for Securing the Mobile Enterprise:
- Understand mobility risks and solutions
- Companies should have a mobile device security policy.
- Acquire enterprise-grade Enterprise Mobile Management solutions.
- Companies should fully secure each company-issued mobile device before allowing user to use and access it.
- Companies should have a plan in place for lost, stolen and compromised mobile devices.
- Companies should develop a threat modeling system for mobile devices and resources that are accessed through the mobile devices. Good security always starts with creating effective threat modeling.
- Companies should regularly maintain mobile device security. Always check for upgrades and patches, acquire and test them.
- Implement and test a mobile device solution before putting the solution into production.
- Control Third-Party apps.