Cloud computing is a disruptive phenomenon, it's increasingly becoming the “rule of the game” and not an exception for today’s application deployment. It’s clearly one technology area that you can't afford to ignore and miss. It has potential to change everything, to make businesses more agile, more responsive and much faster than ever.
|Image by: Tech2|
The cloud decision may be easy and quick but journey to the cloud pose serious challenges. Before cloud migration start, cloud options need to be researched and project plan must be implemented, it’s really a daunting task for a company. If a company does not manage its journey to the cloud deliberately and effectively by selecting the lowest risk cloud provider, it could be placing its data at great risk.
There are plenty of cloud service providers to choose from- Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Rackspace, and Salesforce but selecting the right one to trust with your IT assets can be as tricky as predicting a weather or storm. The cloud is a vast IT field with some different facets and before you can make a good decision regarding the best provider for your company, it’s very important to know how cloud computing work, and the different could deployment models that are available in the market.
The service provider you choose will play a key role in supporting your IT and business objectives, to determine they’re up to the task you need to do something very important. The following tips will help you in choosing the right service provider.
- Determine your company’s needs; you can start this by doing some workload analysis.
- Select a service provider with deep knowledge in the service you are buying.
- Select a service provider with a proven experience and a track record of success
- Select a service provider with a cloud infrastructure that surpasses your requirements or has the capacity to scale with you business.
- Select a service provider with a comprehensive knowledge of IT and migration cost.
- Select a service provider that offer a range of managed and professional services in order to support your company as its grow and evolves.
- Select a service provider with a strong relationship with a number of best-in-breed technology providers (VMware, Cisco, Oracle, IBM and etc.).
- Select a service provider whose technology is compatible with your applications and that will work seamlessly into your existing IT framework.
- Select a service provider with a well-defined process control procedures in place.
- And last select a service provider that sell on IT value, not cost.